Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Even Mukesh Movie from Tata Memorial hospital made by Dr Pankaj Chaturvedi could not stop him from taking tobacco

“I always used to play the Mukesh movie on screen. 
I never thought that this could ever happen to me too!”

Even Mukesh Movie from Tata Memorial hospital made by Dr Pankaj Chaturvedi could not stop him from taking tobacco

This is the story of Mr Vidit. 35 year old gentleman. He works as operator at SRS cinemas in Faridabad. He is the person who regularly runs the famous documentary, made by Dr Pankaj Chaturvedi of Tata Memorial Hospital, of Mukesh who dies of cancer. It was his everyday job to run the documentary on the screen. But could this movie stop him from taking tobacco?


Mr Vidit got addicted to tobacco 6 years back, as per his version it was his friends who lured him into tobacco. His family members were unaware till recently when he was diagnosed of cancer of oral tongue. None of his family members were taking tobacco.

“I would run the Mukesh movie on screen. I never thought that this could ever happen to me too! Now I and my family are completely devastated”. He wishes that people take these messages seriously made by doctors, who are doing more than their routine jobs for the society to bring a change for better health of the society.

Everyday he was running the documentary, but still this could not stop him from taking tobacco. The big question is, are this type of movie/documentaries really able to make a difference in the life of tobacco addict. The print on the cigarette packets can they stop people from taking cigarettes. If no then what is to be done. It is time to analyse, rationalise.

Can ban on tobacco stop people from taking tobacco?

Tomorrow I am going to operate Mr Vidit.

http://youtu.be/YxTYAzFzg-E
Mukesh could not stop me from taking tobacco, I have cancer now


Dr Pawan Gupta, M.Ch.

No comments:

Total Pageviews