Event at Sun Valley International School,
Sec-1, Vaishali, Ghaziabad on 25/12/2011
Indian Cancer Winners' Association participated in the Health Mela organised by members of I.M.A. West Ghaziabad & SPARSH on 25/12/2011 (Sunday) at Sun Valley International School, Sector-1, Vasundhara, Ghaziabad.
Different organizations were invited by the doctor members. Many pharmaceutical companies displayed their products with literature etc.
Our Indian Cancer Winners’ Association also participated through Banners, Posters, & Pamphlets etc. Dr Shikha Jindal, I CAN WIN MEMBER EXPERT, explained about cancer to around 3000 persons who visited our stall. She examined some of the ladies who volunteered for screeing and explained them the method of self examination of breast.
In the auditorium of the school, National Secretary Shri Suresh Prakash introduced I CAN WIN Association. Society’s main object and infrastructure was explained there.
After serving the lunch by the host members the event was finished at about 2.30 pm.
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Friday, November 25, 2011
Monday, November 21, 2011
Glimpses of I CAN WIN WALK 2011
MISSION: "WIN OVER CANCER"
Venue: Noida Sports Stadium, Noida
Time: 7 am 20.11.2011
Organised By: Indian Cancer Winners' Association, Ghaziabad-Noida Chapter
I CAN WIN WALK 2011, Noida
The 3rd Annual Walk by the Indian Cancer Winners' Association- Ghaziabad Noida Chapter saw people coming from all walks of life to join the walk and show their solidarity and resolve to win over cancer.
Fighting Delhi's cold, thousands of enthusiastic supporters had gathered at the NOIDA Sports Stadium by 7 AM. Music and dance filled the air as the participants got ready for the walk. The musical group was led by Shri Omkar Sir and his team. The energetic music got many cancer winners' into a dance and helped show their courage and lively spirits.
The walk was flagged off by the Chief Guest for the occasion - Dr Kanchan Saran, City Magistrate of Noida City, in the presence of Income Tax commissioner, Noida Sh. B.K. Dikshit, Mrs Alka Tandon, Mrs Smita Singh and I CAN WIN National President, Dr Pawan Gupta.
Hot air balloons carrying the positive message of I CAN WIN rose up to the sky with everyone cheering 'I CAN WIN'. Over a thousand enthusiastic participants made the walk a success.
Dignitaries and Guests present for the occasion included
- Shri Anoop Khanna, President, Chemist Association of Noida, a renowned social worker and an ardent supporter of the cause which Indian Cancer Winners' Association is propagating.
- Dr Suversha Khanna - Executive Director of Dharamshila Hospital. She single handedly built up an Institute which is the only Cancer Hospital with NABH accreditation.
- Mr Narendra Bansal, Director Maharaj Agarsen Yoga and Naturopathy Hospital, Org Secy Vaish Samaj, Ghaziabad.
- Mr Jamshed ji Sidhwa - Director, Trail Blazer Tours India Private Limited, himself a cancer winner
- Dr Prakash Chitalkar - Medical Oncologist and who believes in winning over cancer and not just fighting against cancer.
- Dr Rudra Acharya, Sr Cancer Surgeon and I CAN WIN Member Expert. He has been regularly conducting programs to win over cancer.
- Shri R.K.Goel - National Vice President, Indian Cancer Winners' Association.
- Dr Rakesh Thakur, Preventive oncology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi,
- Dr R.K.Poddar, Director Jagannath Cancer Charitable Hospital
- Dr J.C.Tirpathy, Dr Mohit Jindal, Dr Sikha Jindal, Dr Rajeev, Dr Puspinder Gulia Member experts of Indian Cancer Winners' Association
- Other doctors from Noida, Ghaziabad, Faridabad, Delhi
- Directors and teachers of various Institutes.
The sponsors and participants were from:
- Dharamshila Hospital
- Sharda University, Greater Noida
- ABES engineering College
- Trail Blazer Tours India Private Limited
- Great Value foods
- Deep Memorial Public School
- Nehru World School
- Vaish Samaj, Ghaziabad
- Marwari Yuva Manch, Noida
- Gayatri Parivar
- RSD academy
- Luminous India
- Chemist Association of Noida