Monday, October 20, 2008
I CAN WIN Faridabad chapter had put up an awareness stall at the Diwali programme of Rotary Clubs of NCR and Haryana organised on 19 October at Khalsa garden. The stall was manned by our members Dr Prashant, Dr. Shraddha, Dr Kulveen, Ms Ruchi, Dr. Manish, Ms Lina, Dr. Ratnesh, Dr. Amitav besides being attended by a large number of delegates from various cities. The response was good and a large number of rotarians expressed keen interest in joining hands and helping us in our mission to win over cancer.
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
AFTER YEARS OF TELLING PEOPLE CHEMOTHERAPY IS THE ONLY WAY TO TRY AND ELIMINATE CANCER, JOHNS HOPKINS IS FINALLY STARTING TO TELL YOU THERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE WAY.
Cancer Update from Johns Hopkins:
- Every person has cancer cells in the body. These cancer cells do not show up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to a few billion. When doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in their bodies after treatment, it just means the tests are unable to detect the cancer cells because they have not reached the detectable size.
- Cancer cells occur between 6 to more than 10 times in a person's lifetime..
- When the person's immune system is strong the cancer cells will be destroyed and prevented from multiplying and forming tumours.
- When a person has cancer it indicates the person has multiple nutritional deficiencies. These could be due to genetic, environmental,food and lifestyle factors.
- To overcome the multiple nutritional deficiencies, changing diet and including supplements will strengthen the immune system.
- Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly-growing cancer cells and also destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells in the bone marrow,gastro-intestinal tract etc, and can cause organ damage, like liver, kidneys, heart, lungs etc.
- Radiation while destroying cancer cells also burns, scars and damages healthy cells, tissues and organs.
- Initial treatment with chemotherapy and radiation will often reduce tumor size. However prolonged use of chemotherapy and radiation do not result in more tumor destruction.
- When the body has too much toxic burden from chemotherapy and radiation the immune system is either compromised or destroyed, hence the person can succumb to various kinds of infections and complications.
- Chemotherapy and radiation can cause cancer cells to mutate and become resistant and difficult to destroy. Surgery can also cause cancer cells to spread to other sites.
- An effective way to battle cancer is to starve the cancer cells by not feeding it with the foods it needs to multiply.
- Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of digestive enzymes. Undigested meat remaining in the intestines become putrified and leads to more toxic buildup.
- Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering. By refraining from or eating less meat it frees more enzymes to attack the protein walls of cancer cells and allows the body's killer cells to destroy the cancer cells.
- Some supplements build up the immune system (IP6, Flor-ssence, Essiac, anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, EFAs etc.) to enable the body's own killer cells to destroy cancer cells. Other supplements like vitamin E are known to cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body's normal method of disposing of damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells.
- Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit. A proactive and positive spirit will help the cancer warrior be a survivor. Anger, unforgiveness and bitterness put the body into a stressful and acidic environment. Learn to have a loving and forgiving spirit. Learn to relax and enjoy life.
- Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated environment. Exercising daily, and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular level.Oxygen therapy is another means employed to destroy cancer cells.
WHAT CANCER CELLS FEED ON:
- Sugar is a cancer-feeder. By cutting off sugar it cuts off one important food supply to the cancer cells. Sugar substitutes likeNutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc are made with Aspartame and it is harmful. A better natural substitute would be Manuka honey or molassesbut only in very sma ll amounts.Table salt has a chemical added to make it white in colour. Better alternative is Bragg's aminos or sea salt.
- Milk causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the gastro-intestinal tract.. Cancer feeds on mucus. By cutting off milk and substituting with unsweetened soy milk, cancer cells are being starved.
- Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment. A meat-based diet is acidic and it is best to eat fish, and a little chicken rather than beef or pork. Meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites, which are all harmful, especially to people with cancer.
- A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains, seeds, nuts and a little fruits help put the body into an alkaline environment. About 20% can be from cooked food including beans. Fresh vegetable juices provide live enzymes that are easily absorbed and reachdown to cellular levels within 15 minutes to no urish and enhance growth of healthy cells. To obtain live enzymes for building healthy cells try and drink fresh vegetable juice (most vegetables including bean sprouts) and eat some raw vegetables 2 or 3 times a day. Enzymes are destroyed attemperatures of 104 degrees F (40 degrees C).
- Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high caffeine. Green tea is a better alternative and has cancer-fighting properties.Water-best to drink purified water, or filtered, to avoid known toxins and heavy metals in tap water. Distilled water is acidic, avoid it.
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Dr Vishal and Dr Geetika wish to promote Tobacco awareness and initiate Oral cancer screening program.
Dr Poonam emphaisised the need that family physicians should be sensitized for the program and there should be posters and pamplets put at all the clinic.
Mr Rajnish said that we should target smaller groups.
Mr Shobhit said that we should start news letter and spread awareness amogst the public thru it.
Mr O. P. Panchrath - Has suggested that a group of doctors should be trained and be available locally so that advice can be gien to the pat. He would be able to arrange mobile vans for camps and awareness program.
The initiation meet was held at Faridabad
Dr B.C. Gupta welcomed the move. He said that it is a herculean task but not unachievable. He emphasised the involvement of the public and physician to make it successful. He suggested the need for posters to be put at all the clinics. He has offered a space in the clinic for I CAn Win association awareness program.
Ms Megha Gupta was as enthusiastic as her father, she wants to spread this awareness program amongst her friends and students of DU.
Mr Anil Rahat - camps are failure as there is lack of awareness and the first step is that we should spread awareness and alay the fear associated with cancer. He is an active mamber of Rotary club and wants to arrange a meet along with them.
Dr Anil Sharma said the need is that there should be proper advice and good contacts of the doctor.
An Initiation meet at Faridabad was held on 5th october 2008 at the DSOI Club Sector 15 Faridabad. The meet was well organized by Dr Manish wadhwa and Dr Kulveen.
The following attended the meet
Dr B.C.Gupta,Mrs Rani Gupta, Ms Megha Gupta,
Dr Manish Wadhwa, Dr Kulveen Wadhwa
Mr S.P. Wadhwa, Mrs S. Wadhwa
Ms. Ruchi Sardana
Ms Gunjan Jain
Dr Vishal Juneja, Dr Geetika Juneja
Mr Lalit Mahajan, Ms Reena Mahajan
Mr Shobhit Gupta
Mr Rajneesh Agarwal
Dr Anil Sharma
Mr Anil Rahat
Dr Prashant Gupta, Dr Shraddha Gupta
Dr Rajesh Jaitly
Mrs. Shashi Goel
Mr Deepak Goel, Mrs. Kavita Goel
Dr Pawan Gupta
Generally all agreed that a chapter should be started in Faridabad. Everyone wants to participate enthusiastically in the movement "I CAN WIN"