Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"My children want me to live. Spent 4 lacs to treat my tobacco related oral cancer". I CAN WIN FOUNDATION

“My children want me to live. Spent 4 lacs to treat my tobacco related oral cancer. Wish I had never taken Khaini”

“I am Ganesh Prasad of Panama Gram, Bhagalpur District in Bihar. I took khaini (spit tobacco) for 30-40 years. I stopped tobacco for 10 years. Few months back I noticed a lesion (Chota Dana) in my mouth.  Initially I ignored it. But later I got it examined. It turned out to be cancer. I have got it treated successfully.

I belong to an ordinary family. I did not have the money for treatment. My children want me to live. They collected money and got me treated. My treatment cost around 4 lacs of rupees. I wish I had never taken khaini.




I request all those who take khaini, Gutka or tobacco in any form to stop taking it. They would be healthier and happy and not a burden on anyone”. 


(Contributed by Dr Saroj K Sahoo, Cancer Surgeon)

No comments:

Total Pageviews